Photographic Contest 2018FIO Nature Photo Contest - XIII Edition ''Wild Birds''
Award winning photos in 2018
The XIII Nature Photography Contest ‘Wild Birds’, organized by the Directorate General of Tourism, broke its record participation in 2018 with 2,351 images received.
The winners in the six categories were:
- ‘La Laguna’, by Francisco Motilva Peralta, has won the first prize FIO 2018 for the best image presented in any of the categories, award endowed with 1,500 euros.
- ‘Silueta’, by José Manuel Grandío, has been selected in the category ‘Aves de España’ (images of wild birds taken anywhere in Spain). Category endowed with 750 euros.
- ‘Serenidad’, by Juan Jesús González Ahumada, has won in the category ‘Aves del mundo’ (images of wild birds made outside Spain). Category endowed with 750 euros.
- ‘Las hadas’, by Jorge Barrena Colomo, has won in the category of ‘Aves de Extremadura’ (images of wild birds carried out in the Autonomous Community). Category endowed with 750 euros.
- ‘Pensativa’, de Javier Lafuente Pérez, has won in the category of ‘Photographics techniques’ (images of wild birds taken by special techniques). Category endowed with 750 euros.
- ‘Flamenco’, by Laura Albiac Vilas, has won the prize for ‘Jóvenes photographers’ (under 18 years of age before January 15th), valued at 500 euros in photographic material.
Eight runners-up prizes are awarded for the first time, three more than in 2017:
- 1. Skua Nature-Innate runners-up prize for ‘Claustro’, by Félix Fernández Calvillo.
- 2. Sigma España runners-up prize for ‘Silueta’, by Manuel Enrique González Carmona.
- 3. Centro Médico Alejo Leal y El Millarón Fotografía de Naturaleza runners-up prize for ‘Búho nival. Minimalismo en la nieve’, by Julio César González Fernández.
- 4. Canon España runners-up prize for ‘Negro sobre blanco’, by Omar Alonso Bautista.
- 5. ALPASIN runners-up prize for ‘Milano en picado’, by Jorge de la Cruz Martín.
- 6. Olympus Iberia runners-up prize for ‘Salida de pesca’, by Miguel Ángel Artus Illana.
- 7. Fujifilm España runners-up prize for ‘Pasión Imperial’, by Manuel Montero Carrero.
- 8. Martín Iglesias S.L. runners-up prize for ‘Días de niebla’, by Óscar Díez Martínez.
The awards ceremony took place on February 24th at 13:00 pm in the Photography Conference and Workshops tent and was given by the climatologist Martín Barreiro of TVE.
The best fifty photographs, including the winners and the runner-up prizes, formed part of an exhibition that was on display at FIO from 23-25 February.
The Directorate General of Tourism has edited a catalog with these images.
They formed the jury for the contest:
- Juan Aragonés Espino, photographer.
- Pablo Bou Mira, photographer representing the Spanish Association of Nature Photographers (Aefona).
- Mario Cea Sánchez, photographer.
- Joaquín Dávalos Méndez, Technician of the Directorate General of Environment of the Regional Government of Extremadura.
- Joaquín Figueredo González,photographer on behalf of Colectivo Extremeño de Fotógrafos de Naturaleza (CEFNA).
- Óscar J. González Hernández, photographer.
- Ana Retamero Olmos, photographer.
- Isabel Rodríguez Ruíz, photographer.
- Jorge Javier Rubio Casado, photographer.
- Mario Suárez Porras, photographer.